- THE COST OF SMALL BAD DECISIONS. Posted in: Performance & Productivity - I often joke from the stage that my mom used to tell me “If you can’t do something brilliant, just don’t do something stupid.” By this time in my life and after hundreds of keynotes I’m not actually sure if it was my mom or someone else that told me that. Maybe it was a …
- WHAT GOES IN IS WHAT COMES OUT. Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - What goes in is what comes out. Out of your mouth. Out of your actions. Your results aren’t an accident. Your decisions aren’t an accident. It’s not chance or luck or bad timing. “MAKING BETTER DECISIONS IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO WHAT YOU ALLOW INSIDE YOUR SOUL AND THE COMPOUNDING EFFECT OF THOSE CHOICES OVER TIME.” …
- YOU HAVE TO REMIND YOURSELF TO MAKE BETTER DECISIONS. Posted in: Leadership & Influence - Suicide is a bad decision. So is drinking and driving or not wearing a seatbelt. But that doesn’t stop people from making those decisions. In the United States alone more than a 120 people take their lives each day. A heartbreaking, bad decision. Every 51 seconds, someone dies as a result of a drunk driver. …
- POSSIBILITY IS A DECISION. Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - Possibility is simply a matter of perspective. What seems impossible to one person is an obvious, no-brainer to someone else.
- Without Gratitude You Miss Out On An Opportunity For Greatness. Posted in: Leadership & Influence - Gratitude is a decision. It's an option that you can choose at any time. Regardless of what's going on around you practicing gratitude is an option.
- Thinking About What You Don’t Think About. Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - Most of the decisions that you make are automatic. It's actually pretty rare that you consciously make decisions for yourself.
- LIZ MURRAY: THE DAY SHE TURNED HOMELESS INTO HARVARD. Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - She came home from school to find her mom sitting on the couch, staring blankly out of the window. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, she blurted out the news.
- GABRIELLE BONHEAUR: PASSION AND PURPOSE NEVER GO OUT OF STYLE. Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - Gabrielle was born into a poor family in the town of Saumur in western France. She helped her father trade in the market. It was a living that allowed them all to survive. But not much more.
- JESSICA COX: NO LIMBS. NO LIMITS. Posted in: Leadership & Influence - She was 4 years old and wanted to climb the slide on the school playground. She was jealous of the other kids her own age having so much fun on the slide.
- LI KA-SHING: DEATH IN HIS VEINS. FIGHT IN HIS SOUL. Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - Li Ka-Shing gasped. His finger traced the outline of the sentence he had just read in the heavy medical book in front of him.
- GARDELL MARTIN: THE MIRACLES THAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU BELIEVE. Posted in: Leadership & Influence - Gardell Martin was being raised in a rural Pennsylvania town. He had fields to run in and creeks to play in. He had a mom who got to stay home and take care of the kids.
- JOAN MURRAY: FLYING HIGH AGAIN AFTER A SPECTACULAR CRASH. Posted in: Leadership & Influence - Joan Murray was 47 years old. She had a successful marriage, raised two beautiful twin girls and had finally started to enjoy life. She had a career at the bank that she loved even though sometimes it took too much of her time.
FAVORITE BLOG POSTS
- You Can’t Make Smart Decisions When You Don’t Know What You Want. Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - You can't make decisions better when you don't know what you want. This is wildly important for any attempt at massive success.
- Don’t Sacrifice Greatness For the Acceptance Of People You Don’t Even Like. Posted in: Performance & Productivity - The cost of greatness is glory — at least in the short-term. When you making decisions based on how you look or how the situation will appear to other people that you want to impress
- Making Better Decisions Requires You To Be Aware Of Your Ego. Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - You can't solve problems better and achieve better results when you let your ego get in the way. Ego is the enemy of clarity.
- Everything You Missed From The AWESOMEPALOOZA Un-Conference Posted in: Leadership & Influence - AWESOMEPALOOZA was indeed awesome. I can’t wait to get back to work planning the next one. As I explained it to my friends on Linkedin, it’s the most epic “small batch un-conference on the planet”.
- THE BEST EXPLANATION FOR YOUR CHOICES. Posted in: Leadership & Influence - Our lives are full of choices. The number is endless. They come it all shapes and sizes, varieties and difficulty.
- WHY AREN’T YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT? Posted in: Mindset & Purpose - Empathy. That's how you make other people awesome. You empathize with them.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
- [BYOA] Ashley Jankowski Posted in: Podcast - "You can be successful in business, you can be a successful entrepreneur or you can be successful in your family but if you are not managing your money that will continually get in the way. "
- Empathy Healer Posted in: Podcast - " Winning isn't really winning especially if you are on the other side of somebody who lacks empathy, someone who lacks feeling and kindness. "
- [BYOA] JT Music Posted in: Podcast - Dan and Broc have a conversation with the founders of JT Music. As a music artist, the group needs to face different challenges for them to succeed in their chosen field.